Monday, December 22, 2008

Diary of an OB - LT

I have finally succumb to temptation and changed the title of this series to something more relevant and easily understood. (If you had been keeping up with each entry).

Anyway, I was looking at the blistex Steve gave me and the most homosexual thought popped into my head. It was like indirectly kissing him, because he gave me those lip products with love and the soothing nourishing nature of blistex was like making love to my o-so-dry lips. So I strangely concluded that I was indirectly kissing Steve. Please do not ask how random the situation must have been in order for me to have conjured up this retrospectively wrong image...especially you Steve...

Anyway, so with many friends going on exchange, consider this blog as a scale model glimpse of what life will be like by yourselves in another country, and prepare yourself for the same atrocities I have endured. At the same time, I can now plan for my world trip assault complete with free accommodation at various universitarial lodgings. How good is that! Peter's been nagging to go to Europe next summer, and now we have a place to stay, Jon's place. (Just like old times in Australia). I think a deserved break is in order at the end of next year! (Fingers Croxxed!)

Anyway, I haven't been really feeling this Christmas spirit that you would normally get as a kid. Maybe I'm too mature and cynical to fall for the cheap marketing ploys used by those greedy bastards. Or maybe those that prey on the feint hearted don't have the money to artificially create that Christmas rush to buy heaps of presents. Or, less likely, everyone has decided that buying stuff is for gimps and that they have all adopted the approach of recognising Jesus' birth only. I'm suprised that they even consider there to be a credit crisis when all these random mainlanders take daily trips down to the city, lugging around a roller suitcase, and filling it up with merchandise. Where is ze money coming from?! You can has money to spend!?

Also, I must document this momentous thought. Today, I had half a mind not to finish the McDonald's fries. It was almost blasphemous and sacrilegous. In fear of suffering the wrath from the God of Wastage, I obeyed the commandment that thou shalt think of kids in Africa and did not waste the chips. But, I think I'm slowly thinking of salads on a permanent basis. This is momentous.

No comments: