Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Diary of an OB - LT

With the lead up into Christmas, I have found myself back to square one where there is NOTHING to do. And as I have learnt in the beginning of this internship, the internet only has so much you can do before it too gets boring. But at least me typing sounds productive and staring at the screen makes me look like I'm doing something constructive.



NOOOOOTTTTHHHHIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG



I was pleasantly warned about this at 10am this morning. The time now is 12:29 and NOTTTTTHIIIINGGGGG has to be done. I used to deliberately go get drinks from the fridge or make some milo or something, but even now I am too lazy. Like a true copycat of the cult coffee drinker, I have limited myself to that morning cup of milo, then no more.



O, today I opened the office fridge and the entire fridge was filled with canned drinks. It was amazing, especially with the soft glow of the fridge light highlighting the outlines of each can like Jesus rays or something. (speaking of Jesus, David Kwan's invitation was the funniest thing which I read today)



In Hong Kong, people drink this:


It is the most disgusting variant of water ever. Worse than Evian. Imagine fizzy mineral water with some weird twang. It does not even make you go "Ah" after you drink it like when you take a gulp of coke. And before you say you can mix this with say fruit juice like tonic water, people here drink it straight. It's not for the soft - mixing this drink is for the soft. I'm so shocked this thing even sells and is packed into the fridge. Coke should dominnnnnaaaattteeeeeeee.

EDIT: Man, people in China have it tough. They had to request to get a holiday for the 25th and 26th of December....

No comments: