Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Diary of an OB - LT

Let's talk about introductions today.

Since I've started working here, I've always had the intention to introduce myself to the director of some other department that sits in the room behind me, but I've never really had the courage to overcome the awkwardness and break that proverbial ice. I've left it so late that he's taken leave to go on a holiday...and I'm still sitting here wondering whether I should have or shouldn't have...oops.

In hindsight, I should have probably broken the ice, but contrastingly so should he. I mean his title is Director of "Dept. A", which gives him the authority and freedom to break the ice confidently without making the month seemingly awkward with some random addition sitting in front of his office.

Argh, and speaking of introduction and names, I am so fantastic. I totally did not realise I was calling this girl by the wrong name, (well I told others what her supposed name was) and I only realised JUST then when I read her name card what her real name was. How embarassing...but at least I know now...and I hope I don't get written off as some chump. I thought I was good with names and faces, but apparently not.

No comments: