Monday, December 8, 2008

Diary of an Ex-Pat - LT

How does an office worker spend their weekend in a foreign country? Why doing laundry of course! What is there to do for an ex-pat in a foreign country, especially when that foreign country is Hong Kong? The answer is shop. But ah, there in lies the problem. What if the answer has been exhausted. What if there is no more shopping to be done? My friends, the answer therefore must be "shop when x is not equal to been there done that".

So I must admit, the weekend did go by pretty quickly when all I did do was a bit of shopping and a whole lot of lazing around, waiting for laundry to finish.

Moreover, at the beginning of my second day in my quest to gain CEO status from the lowly ranks of an OB, I at first encountered a wall. The very same wall that the protagonist of Run Fatboy, Run hit. Even in a bid to prolong the work I had to do, by doing it slowly, there was hardly anything to do. So you may ask "Question - how does the OB continue to climb the ranks when there is nothing to do?" Answer - Discretely send an email to the entire department, declaring the copious amount of free time you have on your hands. As a wise man once said (if not quoted from the bible) "seek and you shall find".

Whilst I don't think I am quite at the next rung of the OB ladder, I am quite happy to be doing things that are actually related to the department, rather than the OB data entry work.

1 comment:

Juri said...

And how may I ask did you send an email to the ENTIRE department discretely, Lawrence Tan? HEHE! And also, what's this OB-status you speak of? It keeps reminding me of OldBoy which is heaps offputting haha... -_-