Friday, January 2, 2009

Diary of an OB - LT

2009 is well and truly underway and with my first day back at work, I received two emails from UNSW. Work is well and truly on its way. As an OB, this is great news because it means I will have something constructive to occupy my free time at work. My only regret is that I do not have a USB stick here with me, so it looks like I will be getting one some time soon so that I can work from work.

Is this ethically bad? In my opinion, no. In fact, it is ethically bad to leave an intern alone at their own desk with periods of nothingness. I think they are still feeling the Christmas-New Year double whammy and there is still no work for anyone to do. Well there must be some because I've seen the manager come out a few times and talk to the FTs. (Full timers). Note to self: when I become an FTer or a person with authority, I shall flood the intern with work until he/she cries.

On a more personal blogging level, I've almost reached the end of my to-buy list. That is to say, I have bought what I have needed to buy in Hong Kong, and any more purchases after the foreseeable next 3-4 purchases shall be superfluous and purely made on a semi-impulsive level in my bid to do what I can to stimulate the economy.

Moreover, for those who are preparing to come to Hong Kong, let me be your weather-guy. The weather has now changed from the warmness and random rain to something which somewhat resembles winter. It is kind of cold in the morning but when the sun shines, it can get warm. But if there is anything to go by, the locals have decided to whip out their goretex north face superpuff jackets to brave the northerly winds that have journeyed their way down to Hong Kong. In any case, you should be mindful of the humidity levels because high humidity and low temperatures are a dangerous combination (goretex is warranted in these conditions). I shall update those coming to Hong Kong of the weather again in around two weeks time.

Photos from my online courses may also become a part of this segment now that I shall be bothered to lug around my first generation digital camera. Speaking of photo memorabilia, I took the liberty of having a McGangBang to start off 2009 and unfortunately no cameras were available at the time of banging. But it is a culinary experience, one not to be missed when visiting Hong Kong McDonalds. (Still no sign of Shaker Fries....)

No comments: