Monday, November 10, 2008

while you were sleeping - KY

and by sleeping, I mean not studying. MAN, completely missed the opportunity to blog on:-
1. NFL opening day - the pigskin is still alive!
2. NBA opening day - the 65 year old breaks his ankle in his first game!
3. El Presidente Obama - Yes We Can! I'm not sure I'm even a demo..

and in no effort to redeem myself, I bring you one of the awesomest things to have graced my life in the past month. needless to say it's not about consolidation, but about basketball

NBA International League Pass





yes - that is right, NBA basketball 24 hours a day, every single game, online - granted you have decent internet connection. it gives the geeks (us) all a chance to keep up to date with our fantasy points. yeah pfft, like I'll be looking at my pseudo-clipizard fantasy team these days. and it's all for the meager price of 84.95 USD. our weak dollar may make our ipods cheaper, but it makes this baby a questionable 126.75 AUD. But you can't put a price on watching the forum blue and gold wallopping (double p? single p?) on the rockets, captain china, and t-mac. So get a couple of mates, chip in and share an account, or ask me for mine, or don't be cheap and buy one yourself.


On other notes:


Burn After Reading: Dark Comedy, nihilistic? (i haven't used that word in two years), get a couple of mates willing to laugh at anything, well worth watching the senselessness of middle white america, a douche that is Clooney, and an effeminate Brad Pitt.

Movies to watch this summer (with or without a girlfriend, in cinemas, or at home): Quantum of Solace, Max Payne?? HSM3???? so it's a bit slim pickins, but stuff worth keeping you on the couch, Pan's Labyrinth, PS I Love You, Iron Man on blu-ray, Hellboy 2..

Or - you could go fishin, get golden, and grow a keg.

And I leave you with Josh Groban's performance at the Emmy's in front of a stiff crowd. Felt sorry for him that no one was into it. But gotta love the language he speaks with his eyes and eyebrows.

No comments: